Committed to your greater good
A strong fitness program begins with knowledge, care and experience.
As owner and principal instructor at CorSano Pilates, my primary focus is to deliver a personalized fitness program that supports each client’s unique goals. I seek to motivate and inspire each individual: to move better, to perform better, and to enjoy the journey to better health.
Tailored for you to meet your fitness goals
Integrating multiple methods to create a personalized whole-body workout
CorSano Pilates uses STOTT PILATES as a key pillar of its training. The world’s most recognized name in Pilates. STOTT PILATES is a contemporary approach to the original method pioneered by the late Joseph Pilates.
The refined method incorporates modern principles of exercise science and spinal rehabilitation, fascial integration, muscle conditioning and athletic performance enhancement – making STOTT PILATES one of the most effective and safest Pilates methods available.
CorSano Pilates integrates MELT techniques as part of a customized, holistic approach to Pilates-based training. The MELT Method is a unique self-treatment that reduces the effects of accumulated tension and stress caused by daily living, aging and high-demand, sports-specific training.
MELT strengthens the supportive qualities of the connective tissue and resets the nervous system to improve your body’s natural stability and resilience. You will feel the work in all the right places the day of your workout, and you’ll feel just as great the next day!
CorSano Pilates integrates Nutritious Movement Restorative Exercise techniques into your program to teach you how to adjust your alignment to restore joint function, ease pain and better target underconditioned areas of your body.
Based on the science of biomechanics, these exercises not only enhance how you perform exercises in the studio, but you will learn how to introduce more movement into your day for better health outcomes.
Experienced, professional instructor
Certifications and specialized training include:
- STOTT PILATES* Lead Instructor Trainer, Injuries & Special Populations, Toronto
- Nutritious Movement™ Certified Personal Trainer, Washington
- MELT® Method Level 5 Instructor, New York
- MELT® NeuroStrength Instructor, New York
- MELT® for Pilates Instructor, New York
- Oov® Fundamentals and Apparatus Certification, Guelph
- Pelvis Pro, Core Exercise Solutions Graduate, Online Training
- Fascial Movement Instructor*, Toronto
- HALO® Instructor Trainer, Toronto
- ZEN•GA* and TotalBarre* Qualified Instructor, Toronto
- Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist, New Jersey
- Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher (NCPT), Miami
- Fletcher Pilates Intensive Licensing Course, Ottawa
- Franklin Method® Pelvic Floor Fascia Trainer, Zurich
- Franklin Method® Professional Training, Wiesbaden, Rome
- Kane School Pelvic Floor & Foot Biomechanics, New York
- Pilates During the Ante/Postnatal Period Certification, London, England
- Gil Hedley Intensive Human Dissection Workshop, San Francisco
- Functional Anatomy for Movement & Injuries, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York
- Anatomy Trains® Fascia in Movement, Maine
- Anatomy Trains for Movement Therapists, Toronto
- Introduction to The Feldenkrais Method, Santa Clara
Specialized, intelligent equipment
Your workout at CorSano Pilates may include:
- V2Max Plus* Reformer
- Cardio-Tramp* Rebounder – Jumpboard
- Rotational Disks and Diskboard*
- Vinyasa Triangle*
- Stability Chair*
- Ladder Barrel
- Arc Barrel – Spine Supporter
- Pilates Edge* – Spine Supporter
- MELT® Hand & Foot Treatment Balls
- MELT® Body Rollers
- HALO® Trainer Plus
- BOSU® Pro Balance Trainer
“I have been coming to Michele Carini for one-on-one Pilates-MELT sessions since 2011. Thanks to her I’ve changed my body, my health and my spirit! I feel exhilarated and energized during my sessions and I never want the hour to end! Michele is a perfectionist when teaching, and yet is gentle and encouraging at the same time. She is a Pilates ‘treasure’ who continuously learns new methods and techniques. I feel blessed to have found her.”
– Darlene Provost, Artist
“Michele is an exceptional instructor. Her creativity, eye for detail and focus on proper position and technique makes for effective and enjoyable classes. She is knowledgeable and keeps up-to-date, so I continue to learn and improve. I refer patients to her since she’s able to modify exercises when someone is injured. Since I started with Michele, many of my injuries have resolved. Every session is positive and helpful.”
– Marilyn, Sports Medicine Physician
“Michele is a consummate professional and I love her enthusiasm. Recently I was treated for cancer with chemotherapy and radiation to my pelvis. Michele’s ongoing support in managing the side-effects of treatment has been invaluable. Michele programmed exercises to address my specific challenges, and her suggestions are always helpful; sometimes brilliantly so. I am now back to walking, cycling, and even running mostly pain-free, and things continue to improve. I am so grateful to have Michele as part of my wellness team!”
“I live a very active life, and I’d like to keep it that way! At 65 I am still working as a Landscape Architect, and want to maintain my strength, core stability and balance. Michele is brilliant at cuing the exercises and movements! She is so creative with her instructions that I find it easy to follow along and never get bored. I would follow her anywhere.”
– Eva Schmitz, President, Artistic Landscape Design
“I am 57 and an avid athlete. Michele’s focus on form and technique have significantly complemented my sports training; I’m stronger now, have increased confidence, balance and agility on both my mountain bike and skis. Michele has proven to me that Pilates not only complements the sports I enjoy, but will permit me to enjoy them for many years to come.”
“Long hours at a computer, combined with several surgeries and a badly broken leg at 60, resulted in increasingly poor posture and physical compensations. It is remarkable what Michele Carini helped me achieve in just 6 months of Pilates training: I now move much more fluidly, have regained my strength, and have reduced aches and pains many associate with aging. People are consistently remarking on ‘how well I look.’ Most importantly, I have found that reconnecting my mind and body through weekly Pilates sessions with Michele is critical to achieving a better work/life balance and improved health.”
– Professor Ann Dale, Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Community Development, Royal Roads University
“Michele is the embodiment of excellence when it comes to Pilates. She is very knowledgeable, and compassionate, and takes the time to understand your abilities and goals, and then customizes every session to meet your needs. She always has fresh new material and her sessions are engaging, effective and fun.”
“Meeting Michele changed my life. I started with the group MELT and CorMotus classes, and was so impressed with Michele’s teaching style, I started private sessions. Pilates was such an amazing compliment to my Yoga practice, I decided to do the STOTT PILATES Intensive Matwork Certification Course with Michele in 2015. Her knowledge of the human body and dedication to her own continuing education are second to none. I rave to anyone who will listen: Michele’s unique approach to teaching movement helped me relieve debilitating migraines, back pain from a fracture and scoliosis, and significant postural imbalances. I am so grateful to have found an amazing mentor and teacher”
– Shelagh, MRT(T) The Ottawa Hospital,
Qualified STOTT PILATES and Akhanda Yoga Instructor