Move well. Feel stronger.
Whole-body strength and flexibility training for a healthy, pain-free and active life.
Aging, bad habits, old injuries and too much sitting don’t do you any favours!
What this feels like:
- Stiff joints, back and neck pain
- Your balance is not as solid these days
- You’re not at the top of your game in sports
- Your stamina isn’t what it once was
- Feeling and looking heavier
- Pelvic floor weakness when laughing or sneezing
- Poor alignment and posture
CorSano Pilates is an exclusive studio offering personal training to motivate and challenge you with customized programs focused on improving your mobility, strength and stability while reducing your aches and pains.
With advanced certifications in STOTT PILATES*, the MELT Method®, Halo® Training (core-integrated bodyweight training) and Nutritious Movement™ Restorative Exercise, and professional training and expertise in Athletic Conditioning and Post-rehab exercise, CorSano Pilates will design a workout to meet your needs.
Imagine regaining your full movement and activity potential
- Restore posture
- Increase your stamina
- Improve strength and tone
- Develop core stability
- Increase flexibility and mobility
- Reduce aches and pains
- Improve your balance
- Become more resilient
- Age well
We meet you where you are – and take you to where you want to go.
Meet your instructor
Hi, I’m Michele.
I combine the best of contemporary training strategies to help achieve lasting improvements in your fitness, body awareness and sports performance.
Clients training with me in-studio or virtually from home receive a personalized, progressive workout program anchored in Pilates, Nutritious Movement™ and MELT®. Group class offerings include CorMotus™, a unique approach to core-based whole-body strength and flexibility training incorporating tension release and alignment correction with weight-bearing and non-impact exercises that translate into better movement skills and overall health.
Any training format you choose will restore your posture, help you develop better movement skills, a more resilient body and enjoy a higher quality of life.
I am enthusiastic about what I do and take my job—and your health—very seriously.
Michele is a Fully Certified STOTT PILATES Instructor, Advanced-level MELT Method Instructor, and one of an elite group of Merrithew™ Lead Instructor Trainers certified to teach STOTT PILATES and Halo Training educational courses and workshops worldwide. She specializes in working with athletes and clients recovering from injuries and those with conditions requiring modifications and a customized, careful approach to their training program.
Come workout with me!
1) Get in touch
Contact me and we’ll discuss your needs and goals. I’ll also explain how I can support you with the most current information on biomechanics, fascial fitness and the principles of posture correction and rehabilitation.
2) Come to a session
All training ideally starts with a one-on-one Foundation Session where we assess current movement patterns and your fitness level, which forms the baseline to your customized training program.
3) Feel & look your best
Your customized whole-body movement training program will help you live a healthy pain-free and active life. We’ll reassess and adapt your program regularly to meet new goals.
“I have been coming to Michele Carini for one-on-one Pilates-MELT sessions since 2011. Thanks to her I’ve changed my body, my health and my spirit! I feel exhilarated and energized during my sessions and I never want the hour to end! Michele is a perfectionist when teaching, and yet is gentle and encouraging at the same time. She is a Pilates ‘treasure’ who continuously learns new methods and techniques. I feel blessed to have found her.”
– Darlene Provost, Artist
“Michele is an exceptional instructor. Her creativity, eye for detail and focus on proper position and technique makes for effective and enjoyable classes. She is knowledgeable and keeps up-to-date, so I continue to learn and improve. I refer patients to her since she’s able to modify exercises when someone is injured. Since I started with Michele, many of my injuries have resolved. Every session is positive and helpful.”
– Marilyn, Sports Medicine Physician
“Michele is a consummate professional and I love her enthusiasm. Recently I was treated for cancer with chemotherapy and radiation to my pelvis. Michele’s ongoing support in managing the side-effects of treatment has been invaluable. Michele programmed exercises to address my specific challenges, and her suggestions are always helpful; sometimes brilliantly so. I am now back to walking, cycling, and even running mostly pain-free, and things continue to improve. I am so grateful to have Michele as part of my wellness team!”
“I live a very active life, and I’d like to keep it that way! At 65 I am still working as a Landscape Architect, and want to maintain my strength, core stability and balance. Michele is brilliant at cuing the exercises and movements! She is so creative with her instructions that I find it easy to follow along and never get bored. I would follow her anywhere.”
– Eva Schmitz, President, Artistic Landscape Design
“I am 57 and an avid athlete. Michele’s focus on form and technique have significantly complemented my sports training; I’m stronger now, have increased confidence, balance and agility on both my mountain bike and skis. Michele has proven to me that Pilates not only complements the sports I enjoy, but will permit me to enjoy them for many years to come.”
“Long hours at a computer, combined with several surgeries and a badly broken leg at 60, resulted in increasingly poor posture and physical compensations. It is remarkable what Michele Carini helped me achieve in just 6 months of Pilates training: I now move much more fluidly, have regained my strength, and have reduced aches and pains many associate with aging. People are consistently remarking on ‘how well I look.’ Most importantly, I have found that reconnecting my mind and body through weekly Pilates sessions with Michele is critical to achieving a better work/life balance and improved health.”
– Professor Ann Dale, Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Community Development, Royal Roads University
“Michele is the embodiment of excellence when it comes to Pilates. She is very knowledgeable, and compassionate, and takes the time to understand your abilities and goals, and then customizes every session to meet your needs. She always has fresh new material and her sessions are engaging, effective and fun.”
“Meeting Michele changed my life. I started with the group MELT and CorMotus classes, and was so impressed with Michele’s teaching style, I started private sessions. Pilates was such an amazing compliment to my Yoga practice, I decided to do the STOTT PILATES Intensive Matwork Certification Course with Michele in 2015. Her knowledge of the human body and dedication to her own continuing education are second to none. I rave to anyone who will listen: Michele’s unique approach to teaching movement helped me relieve debilitating migraines, back pain from a fracture and scoliosis, and significant postural imbalances. I am so grateful to have found an amazing mentor and teacher”
– Shelagh, MRT(T) The Ottawa Hospital,
Qualified STOTT PILATES and Akhanda Yoga Instructor
FOCUS ON FALL FITNESS!
October – December 2022 Online Small Group Classes
Tuesdays, 12:00pm – 1:00pm and/or via recording: “Power Pilates with Props”
- Total body strength and flexibility conditioning on the mat and standing.
- Exercises integrate STOTT PILATES® Principles and Fascial Movement Variables™ to enhance overall movement quality and ensure a safe, effective workout.
- Props required: 2 Toning Balls** or similar, Flex-band**, Large Mini Stability Ball, yoga block, a chair for standing moves, and towels for bolstering as needed.
Thursdays, 5:00pm – 6:00pm and/or via recording: “MELT for Essential Pilates”
- MELT® Restore and Performance techniques will prepare you for a stronger, more efficient Pilates practice by rejuvenating the supportive qualities of your connective tissue system; decreasing tension, improving alignment, encouraging proper muscle activation, and increasing joint stability and mobility.
- Pilates exercises performed on and off the foam roller will target key areas for postural balance, spine health, and balanced whole-body conditioning with a focus on preventing chronic pain while boosting energy, dynamic balance, and confidence.
- Props required: 1 MELT roller, 1 half roller (or rolled beach towel).
- Classes run in two 4-week Mini Series.
Mini Series #1: consecutive Tuesdays and Thursdays starting October 4, 2022.
- Mini Series #2: 4 consecutive Tuesdays and Thursdays starting November 22, 2022.
- Class recordings are available for one week following the live-streamed class.
Prices and registration:
Package discounts available.
Contact email@example.com for detailed pricing and registration information. Drop-in’s are welcome.
Healthy Spine & Dynamic Pelvic Floor Training:
Franklin Method® Inspired Workshops
Appropriate for all fitness levels, Michele created her “Healthy Spine” and “Dynamic Pelvic Floor Training” workshops based on recently updated Franklin Method Courses for movement professionals and manual therapists. You will gain a practical understanding of the design and function of the spine and pelvic floor, and discover how to rejuvenate your body for better movement and posture for life!
- June 24 – September 2, 2022.
- One or both workshops are available to purchase at any time during this 10-week period.
- Recordings are available through September 2 regardless of when you purchase.
- Recording access via Zoom requires registration with your email and passcode.
Running Time and Exercises:
- Each workshop is 2 hours in duration.
- “Healthy Spine” includes 33 exercises (mostly performed while standing).
- “Dynamic Pelvic Floor” includes 43 exercises (performed while standing, seated, and supine).
- A detailed handout describing the exercises is included.
Equipment / Props Needed for Both Workshops:
- Chair with a flat seat and a back.
- The updated version of Zoom on your computer/tablet.
Equipment / Props Needed for Dynamic Pelvic Floor Workshop:
- 2 hand towels and a bath towel.
- Franklin Method Smooth Ball Set* or similar balls approximately 4″ in diameter.
- 2 Gliders or paper plates.
Prices and Payment Details:
- Each workshop is CN$65.00 (US$55.00).
- Prices include applicable taxes and fees. All sales are final.
- Canadian payments via etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US$ payments via paypal.me/CorSanoPilates
- Your bank payment confirmation is your receipt. Receipts for licensed therapists and movement professionals are available on request.
- Gift Certificates are available. Treat a friend!
- Email or call Michele for more information: +1 (613) 863.3449.
Dynamic Pelvic Floor Training, Part 2
A Virtual Workshop with
Michele Carini, Certified Franklin Method Fascia Trainer
Learn how to strengthen your pelvic floor through embodiment and movement! The pelvic floor is designed for support, flexibility, control and balance, and has fascial and muscular connections to the diaphragm, sacrum, hamstrings, gluteals, deep hip flexors, abdominal wall and back. A “squeeze and hold” approach to pelvic floor training is not sufficient to optimize the health of this incredible structure—a holistic approach achieves more!
This program includes and builds on key exercises focused on improving hip joint stability and functional integrity of the pelvic diaphragm from the first workshop (Part 1). You are welcome to participate in this Part 2 program even if you did not attend Part 1. Most exercises will be performed standing and seated in a chair; with a few options lying on your back.
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2022 and via recording for 4 weeks of replay following the live-streamed class
Time: 1:00pm – 3:15pm EDT
- Workshop only: CN$65.00 (US$55.00 or Euro 50,00). The workshop includes detailed notes and 4 weeks of workshop recording replay.
- Workshop + Franklin Ball Set: CN$95.00. 12 ball sets are available for curbside pick-up at CorSano Pilates.
- Prices include applicable taxes and fees. All sales are final.
- Your payment and completion of a 2022 Online Training Waiver confirms your spot.
- Email or call Michele for more information: +1 (613) 863.3449.
All Sales Final.
Virtual Master Class Mini-Series: Simple Daily Moves for Big Fitness Gains
Repetitive stress injuries, body pain and losing the ability to be active are the direct result of the mismatch between our modern movement patterns and our sporting, training and wellness goals.
These two 75-minute Master Classes combine fascial recovery techniques with Nutritious Movement™ and Pilates exercises to help you achieve more mobility and strength and less discomfort and limitations. You will learn simple moves based on fascial science and biomechanics that you can do (almost) anywhere to feel fit and rejuvenated; ready to enjoy a golf game, tennis match, a morning spent gardening or a long hike. All levels welcome; some props are required — please contact email@example.com for more information.
1. Feet, Ankles, Calves, Knees and Hips
April 19 (Tuesday) 11:30am-12:45pm and/or via recording for 3 weeks
Balanced flexibility and strength of the foot and calf optimizes the function of your legs, hips and spine, and will improve dynamic stability and cardiovascular health. Following an extended MELT® Foot Treatment, expect to spend significant time learning lower leg and hip joint training techniques. Most exercises will be done standing.
2. Hands, Wrists, Arms, Shoulders, Neck and Jaw
April 21 (Thursday) 4:30pm – 5:45pm and/or via recording for 3 weeks
Upper body joint stability and strength improve whole-body movement performance, and keeps you standing tall! Most exercises will be done standing with a few options lying face down. The MELT hand, arm, face and jaw techniques can be done seated in front of a table or on the floor.
What you get:
- option to join the 75-minute class(es) live via Zoom
- recorded class(es) with 3 weeks of replay access
- handouts of the MELT “maps” covered in class plus extra options for variety/home practice
CN$28.00 (US$20.00/€20,00) per class or CN$50.00 (US$35/€35,- ) for both classes paid upfront. Prices include taxes.
Your payment confirms your spot. Please send Canadian Dollar payments via etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Foreign currency payments: please email Michele.
All sales final.
STOTT PILATES* CEC Workshops
Twist Ball* Workout
Sunday | February 7, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12 pm EST
You will need a Merrithew Twist Ball to participate.
Ultimate Back Care
Sunday | February 28, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12 pm EST
Your home, via the Zoom live-streaming platform.
0.2 STOTT PILATES CEC’s per workshop
(0.6 required to maintain certification)
$135.00 + tax for one workshop
$130.00 + tax when registering for both workshops
All sales final.
Payable with e-transfer or PayPal.*
* Additional fees apply for PayPal.
CorSano Pilates FRANKLIN METHOD®
Lower Back (a.k.a. Thoracolumbar) Fascia Workshop
Training your Thoracolumbar Fascia is key to unlocking dysfunction and restoring whole-body balance and health. You will learn touch and mental techniques with a focus on Dynamic Neurocognitive Imagery (DNI™, Franklin Method) to effectively embody and train the Thoracolumbar Fascia with its connections to your skull, shoulder girdle, spine, pelvis and legs. This holistic approach is scientifically proven to be more effective than training without a targeted mental approach. New exercises that specifically train the pelvic floor fascia as it relates to the low back are included. All exercises are based on primary movement patterns found in sports and activities of daily living, so expect to exercise standing with brief use of a chair.
Jan. 16, 2022 from 1:00pm-3:00pm EST (or via recording).
Prices include taxes and the workshop recording available for 3 weeks of replay.
- Early Bird (before January 1, 2022): CN$55.00 (or US$45.00 / Euro 45,00)
- After January 1st: CN$65.00 (or US$55.00 / Euro 55,00)
Prices include applicable taxes. All sales final.
Gift Certificates Available – Treat a Friend or Family Member!
Your payment and completion of this waiver confirms your spot.
Canadian dollar payments via etransfer to email@example.com.
PayPal payments within Canada add 5%.
EURO payments via ING bank transfer.
Please email or call for more info. Michele: (613) 863-3449.