This Privacy Statement for CorSano Pilates™ (‘Company’, ‘we’, ‘our’) describes how and why we might collect, store, use and/or share your information when you use our Services (‘service’, ‘services’) such as when you:
- Visit our website at https://corsanopilates.com
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any in-person or online (‘virtual’) events, classes or workshops
- Complete our Client Registration forms
This Privacy Statement applies to any individual who corresponds with CorSano Pilates™, or uses any products or services offered by CorSano Pilates™. It explains how personal information about you may be collected, used, or disclosed by CorSano Pilates™ as a consequence of your activities on this website.
Reading this Privacy Statement will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
CorSano Pilates™ does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, which you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
The term “personal information” has the meaning attributed to it under Part I of the Canadian federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). Where a province or territory has enacted legislation that is substantially similar to Part I of PIPEDA, such as Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act, British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act, or Quebec’s Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, and that statute has application to your personal information that CorSano Pilates™ collects, stores, uses or discloses, then the term “personal information” has the meaning attributed to it in that legislation.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interaction with us and the Services you use. The personal information we collect may include almost any information about an identifiable individual, such as the individual’s name, health data, home address, email address, telephone number, age, billing address and contact preferences. When necessary, with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we collect and use your health data. Personal information may not, however, include certain types of business or employment related information. It may not, for example, include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
All personal information that you provide us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
How is your information used?
CorSano Pilates™ processes and uses your personal information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention and to comply with law. We also may process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see “What are your privacy rights?” below
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interests. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
How do we protect your personal information?
CorSano Pilates™ does not disclose or sell your personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes. We aim to protect your personal information through a system of technical and organizational security measures.
Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information. CorSano Pilates™ is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding the personal information provided to us in relation to our Sites. We protect and use your information by observing the principles and guidelines in PIPEDA and Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (“CASL”).
Certain fundamental principles apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant, is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
Despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should access the Services within a secure environment.
If you upload images to the CorSano Pilates™ website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless otherwise required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
What are your privacy rights?
- At any time, you can request the categories of personal information that we collect and use, the purposes for which the collected information is used, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or as to restrict the processing of information.
- You can request the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law such as (but not limited to) our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities. Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine that you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. For instance, we may contact you via phone or email to ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information that we have on file.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may opt-out of marketing emails at any time.
To request to review, update or delete the personal information we collect from you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or comments about this statement, you may email us at email@example.com.